The Rolling Mill
This building was a rolling mill for the Morfa Copperworks. The steam powered mill was first built around 1828 by Williams Foster & Co. of Cornwall, and was used for converting copper ingots into bars and plate. The mill was badly damaged by fire in 1840 and then re-built and extended to become the largest building of its type in the world. Water was supplied to the steam engines from the nearby Swansea Canal, from where coal was unloaded into the mill. Rolling ceased during the 1930s and the renovated building is now the Swansea Museum Collections Centre.