The Friends of the Hafod-Morfa Copperworks support the development of the site of the former Hafod-Morfa Copperworks. They currently do the following;
- Publicise, organise and lead a programme of tours of the Hafod-Morfa Copperworks for individuals, organised groups and schools.
- Organise tidy-up and maintenance days,
- Conduct research, oral history research and publishing some of this on the facebook page,
- Volunteer at events,
- Promote the project through their individual and business projects
- Exploring the potential for work to bring the Musgrave engine back to life.
The members are a diverse bunch, ranging in age from twenty something to seventy something. Some have been working to raise awareness of Swansea’s Copper heritage for over a decade. Others use to work at the site. Some are engineering enthusiasts interested in bringing the Musgrave engine back to life. They all bring different skills and have different interests.
The Friends of The Copperworks is a constituted group with a committee which meets eight times per year to plan activities such as work days and litter picking sessions, walks and tours and historical research activities. These activities will be advertised in the events section of this website on the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hafod-Morfa-Copperworks/381169952010109
The latest newsletter is available here Newsletter Spring 2016